The Kiev Prosecutor’s office named the suspects in the murder of an Elder

© AFP 2017 / Irpeni Sergei Polishchuk, a suspect in the murder of Ukrainian journalist Oles Buzina, carried out of the jail on his hands. June 23, 2015. Archival photoThe Kiev Prosecutor’s office named the suspects in the murder of an Elder© 2017 AFP / Sergei Supinsky

The Kyiv Prosecutor’s office has confirmed that it has completed pre-trial investigation of criminal case about murder of known Ukrainian journalist and writer Oles Elder, who died in the capital of Ukraine in April 2015.

Earlier Tuesday, the lawyer of the suspects in the case Sergey Voychenko announced the completion of the Kiev Prosecutor’s office the pretrial investigation of the murder of an Elder.

«The Prosecutor’s office of Kyiv completed pre-trial investigation of resonant criminal proceedings on the fact of murder of Ukrainian journalist Olesya Elderberry, which occurred April 16, 2015 (year) in Kiev», — said the press service of the Kiev Prosecutor’s office.

The office reported that the investigation is handed a murder suspect Andrew Medvedko and Denis Polishchuk and their counsel notice of the preliminary investigation, they are granted access to review the materials.

After the parties finished acquainted with the materials of pre-trial investigation, the indictment will be transferred for consideration in court.

Well-known Ukrainian journalist, the Elder, who wrote for the site was shot to death April 16, 2015 at his home in Kiev. The incident is being investigated under the article «Premeditated murder». The investigation is considering several versions of the murder, in particular, associated with the professional activities of a journalist. Two months after the assassination of the interior Minister of Ukraine Arsen Avakov made a loud statement about solving the case. According to him, the security forces during the special operation arrested two perpetrators of the murder — Medvedko and Polishchuk. Both detainees were fighters of the nationalist battalions and took part in military operations in the Donbass. The suspects for a long period of time in detention, but at the end of 2015 were released under partial house arrest from 19.00 to 08.00.