«ALROSA» declared it impossible for a search operation at the Mir mine

© RIA Novosti / MOE Opperate in photobackgrounds mine peace.«ALROSA» declared it impossible for a search operation at the Mir mine© RIA Novosti / MOE Opperate the image Bank

Continued search and rescue operations at the mine «Mir», where the eight missing miners, considered impossible according to the company «ALROSA».

«Search-and-rescue operation at the mine «Mir» is terminated. According to 9.10 local time on August 26, in the bowl of the quarry has accumulated 37400 cubic meters of water. The threat of simultaneous uncontrolled gathering of this amount of water in the mine makes it impossible for any underground works», — is spoken in the company message.

On the mine of «ALROSA» in the town of Mirny in Yakutia on August 4, there was a breakthrough of water in the mine at the time was 151 people. The surface was raised 143 miners.

«According to surveying services, in a salt mine rocks formed gullies in the amount of 100 thousand cubic meters. According to the calculations of geotechnical, with so many gullies there is a risk of collapse of the lower ledge of the quarry and the destruction of the mine workings, making it impossible to continue the work of rescuers. Maintain directional blasting at the quarry is prohibited. 26 August at 11.00 local time at the meeting staff discussed the results of the calculations and all possible options. Under the circumstances, the execution of any works, including pumping water previously committed to the explosions, impossible,» — explains the company.

The search was complicated by 18 August when the water is coming from Metehara-Ocherskogo aquifer, ceased to fully go into the mine and began to accumulate on the bottom of the quarry. The quarry supplied about 1,200 cubic meters of water per hour, of which about 1000 cubic meters poured into the mine, and 200 cubic meters every hour, and gradually accumulated on the bottom of the quarry. This created the danger of an instantaneous breakthrough of the accumulated water in the mine and threatened life under the earth miners and rescuers. Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety prohibit conduct rescue operations in such conditions, therefore, the people search was suspended at 16.00 on 19 August, the company said.

«To avoid simultaneous breakthrough of water from the quarry into the mine, had taken all possible measures on the organization of its controlled descent. Including at an emergency meeting on August 20, the decision was made to conduct a series of directed local blasting. Rostekhnadzor issued a permit. Blasting lasted for 5 days, but to achieve a controlled gathering of the full volume of water in the mine could not be», — stated in the message.

At a meeting the operational headquarters for elimination of consequences of the accident the decision was made to stop the pump operation and the termination of search and rescue operations. «By this time since the accident it has been three weeks. Medical experts believe that to survive without drinking water, food, in conditions of high humidity and flooding the mine with mud-masses with a high content of hydrogen sulfide and salts the human body during such a long period of time can not», — says the company.

The President of «ALROSA» Sergey Ivanov on behalf of the company expressed his sincere condolences to the families and friends of the miners.

«With a heavy heart I regret to inform you that hopes that the remaining in the mine working will be able to raise to the surface alive, there is not. We are deeply shocked by the incident. It is a tragedy for the entire company. The realization that we have done everything possible to save people, unfortunately, can not serve as consolation for their loved ones. As head of the company I guarantee that the families of the miners will receive the necessary support and financial assistance − timely and in full volume», — said Ivanov.

As previously reported, regardless of the outcome of search and rescue to relatives of each of the miners will be paid compensation in the amount of 2 million rubles. These funds are allocated ALROSA (in excess of payments under the Collective agreement) and the Contracting company «Belspetsmontazh». In addition, the relatives of the miners will be made insurance payments, and payments from budgets of various levels, including from the budget of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), and of the municipality «Mirny district». Family workers from the Belgorod region will receive payments from the administration of Belgorod region, and the families of the miners who lived in Peace, − from the budget of the municipal formation «the City of peace».

© RIA Novosti / MOE Opperate in photobacteria rescuers down in the mine «Mir». 5 August 2017«ALROSA» declared it impossible for a search operation at the Mir mine© RIA Novosti / MOE Opperate in photobacteria rescuers down in the mine «Mir». 5 Aug 2017
Remaining under the ground

The question of the legal status of eight miners remained underground after the search and rescue operation in the near future will be considered by the court, said in a statement.

ALROSA leads the list of the miners remaining under the ground:

Vlasenko, Aleksey Vladimirovich, the engineer of the rig.

Zhukov Dmitry, the driver of the rig.

Kulikov Vitaliy Vitalievich, acting section chief.

Marin D. M., the driver of the rig.

Mirontsev Gleb Aleksandrovich, stope miner.

Misnik, Valentin Anatolievich, master section (removable).

Neustroyev Mikhail, drill rig operator.

Stepanov Igor, the bomber.

© RIA Novosti / Press-service AK «ALROSA»go to fotoreceptori emergency medical service and EMERCOM of Russia have mining companies ALROSA «Mir» in Yakutia, where there is a breakthrough of water. 4 August 2017«ALROSA» declared it impossible for a search operation at the Mir mine© RIA Novosti / Press-service AK «ALROSA»go to fotoreceptori emergency medical service and EMERCOM of Russia have mining companies ALROSA «Mir» in Yakutia, where there is a breakthrough of water. On 4 August 2017

Source

Be the first to comment on "«ALROSA» declared it impossible for a search operation at the Mir mine"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*