In Catalonia, said that he had not received data from the CIA about an imminent attack

© AP Photo / Emilio MorenattiПолицейские in the village of Subirats in the province of BarcelonaIn Catalonia, said that he had not received data from the CIA about an imminent attack© AP Photo / Emilio Morenatti

Authorities and law enforcement agencies of Catalonia (Mossos d’esquadra) has denied the information that was received a warning from the CIA about an impending attack of the terrorist group «Islamic state*» (IG*) in Barcelona, reports the newspaper Vangiardia.

Earlier on Thursday, the newspaper Periodico announced that on may 25 the American intelligence service has informed the Spanish authorities that the militants* summer I plan to commit «attacks on tourist sites in Barcelona, particularly Las Ramblas». On its website, the newspaper posted a picture of a document in English that contains this information.

On Thursday afternoon, Advisor to the Ministry of internal Affairs of Catalonia Joaquim Forn and the head of the Catalan police Josep Luis Trapero held a press conference to refute recent media information. According to the newspaper, during a press conference Forn confirmed that the government of Catalonia has received information about an impending attack on the Rambla, however, said that they it was received from «other sources». He stated that he received information «wasn’t credible».

«We have not received any message from the CIA,» the newspaper cites Pais statement Trapero. «We deny that the Mossos d’esquadra has a direct relationship with the CIA,» — said in turn Forn.

«We have not received anything from the CIA. We defend the honor of our law enforcement agencies… those who want to discredit them», — said in a statement published on Mossos d’esquadra in Twitter.

We have not received anything from the CIA. We defend the honour of our Police force and of @mossos to those who want to discredit us

— Mossos (@mossos) August 31, 2017

As reported by the WikiLeaks site, the editor of the newspaper Periodico has admitted to creating the document. He stated that the document is a transcript of what the newspaper reported on the phone.

On the afternoon of 17 August, the van drove into a crowd of people in the area of Las Ramblas in Barcelona. Responsibility for the attack claimed by the terrorist group ISIS*. Later in the day a similar incident occurred in Alicante, 120 km from Barcelona. According to official data, as a result of the terrorist attacks in Spain and 16 people were killed, 130 injured.

According to militiamen, the group behind the attacks were 12 people. Four of them were arrested, five were destroyed after the attack in Marbella. Two more, including the main organizer of the terrorist attacks, the Imam of Abdelbaki es-Sati, died on the eve of the attacks in an explosion at a house in Alcanar, where terrorists were preparing a bomb. The driver of the van ran over the crowd in Barcelona, 22-year-old Moroccan Younes Abuaku, were eliminated during a special operation in Subirats on August 21.

*A terrorist organization banned in Russia

In Catalonia, said that he had not received data from the CIA about an imminent attack© RIA Novosti, Integratiebeleid in photobacteria in Spain

Source