Ballistic medium-range missiles: a new start-up in the DPRK

© AFP 2017 / Kazuhiro NOGIТрансляция news in Tokyo about a new missile launch of the DPRK. 15.09.2017Ballistic medium-range missiles: a new start-up in the DPRK© AFP 2017 / Kazuhiro FOOT

Japanese TV channel NHK reported on Friday about the start-up in the DPRK’s new missiles and urged residents of prefectures in the northeast of the country to go to the shelter.

A North Korean missile, as stated by Secretary General of the government of Japan Acehide Suga, flying over Japanese territory, fell 2,000 kilometres from Cape Erimo in Hokkaido.

«Released DPRK missile with 7.04 (1.04 MSK) to 7.06 (1.06 GMT) flew across the Japanese territory and fell in the 2000 miles from Cape Erimo in Hokkaido,» he said at a press conference.

«To this hour we have no information about any damage caused to the ships and aircraft. There is also no information about the discovery of the fallen on our territory the missile fragments,» said Yoshihide Suga.

South Korean «Genmu-2»

South Korea, in turn, started its own ballistic missiles «Genmu-2» as soon as it became aware of another missile test in North Korea, passed on Friday, Yonhap news Agency citing the joint chiefs of staff, South Korean armed forces.

«Our armed forces simultaneously with the missile launch in North Korea launched a missile «Genmu-2″ in the direction of the sea of Japan», — quotes Agency the statement of the Committee.

According to him, the South Korean rocket flew 250 kilometers, the same distance as to the place of missile launch in North Korea in the area of Pyongyang Sunan airport.

3700 miles

New North Korean rocket flew 3700 miles and reached a maximum altitude of 770 kilometers, said South Korea’s military.

«The North Korean rocket reached a maximum altitude of 770 kilometers, covered the distance of 3700 kilometers», — quotes Agency Renhap statement of the joint chiefs of staff, South Korean armed forces.
According To The Pentagon

The American military believes that North Korea launched ballistic medium-range missiles, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

«The Pacific command of the U.S. armed forces recorded and followed what we value as a single launch of a ballistic missile of the DPRK. Initial assessments indicate that this was a launch of a ballistic medium-range missiles,» — said in a release sent to RIA Novosti news Agency the statement of the official representative of the Pacific command Dave Benama.

«We continue to closely monitor the actions of the DPRK,» the statement reads. There is also indicated the readiness of the US to protect itself and allies from provocations.

Sanctions against the DPRK

The DPRK said on September 3 about the successful test of a hydrogen warhead, which is intended for Intercontinental ballistic missiles. The military of Japan and South Korea have previously estimated the power of the charge in the 120 to 160 kilotons, several times the power of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It was the sixth nuclear test by Pyongyang. The week before the DPRK tested a ballistic missile that flew over Japan.

The UN Security Council in response to the unanimously imposed against North Korea new sanctions that will significantly limit the export and import capabilities of Pyongyang. Resolution 2375 set the most stringent UN sanctions regime in the twenty-first century.

UN Secretary-General antónio Guterres, in turn, said that the military solution to the crisis around North Korea would be a disaster, it is necessary to seek political solutions to the situation.

«We have extremely hard to condemn nuclear and missile tests of the DPRK, having a clear goal of a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula, but at the same time, we must understand that a military solution would be a disaster. We must do everything we can to create the conditions for diplomatic initiatives and political solutions,» he said.

Pyongyang has promised «pain and suffering»

Pyongyang believes that sanctions and pressure from the United States are «extremely reckless phase», and warns that the country is ready for unprecedented measures, the statement said North Korea’s foreign Ministry, published on the website of the Central news Agency (KCNA).

According to North Korea, the U.S. manipulated the UN Security Council to toughen sanctions against North Korea because of the test of a hydrogen weapon.

Pyongyang also noted that closely monitors US actions and is ready to fight back. «Future steps to be taken to the DPRK will entail great pain and suffering for the United States through which they passed in its history», — stated in the message.

It is emphasized that in order to avoid complete destruction, the U.S. should stop political, economic and military confrontation with North Korea.

Ballistic medium-range missiles: a new start-up in the DPRK© RIA Novosti, Integratiebeleid in fotobanka can fly rockets to the DPRK

Source

Be the first to comment on "Ballistic medium-range missiles: a new start-up in the DPRK"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*