In «Gazprom» do not see problems with the financing of the «Nord stream-2»

© RIA Novosti / Maxim to Aminopherase in fotomontaggi company Gazprom. Archival photoIn «Gazprom» do not see problems with the financing of the «Nord stream-2»© RIA Novosti / Maxim to Aminopherase the image Bank

«Gazprom» sees no problems with the financing of the project «Northern stream-2», told journalists the Chairman of the Board of Directors Viktor Zubkov.

Gazprom, the company that the financial position is very sound, and in addition to Europe, there is also the Asia-Pacific region, where it is possible to borrow some money. Well and itself «Gazprom» has a decent profit, and I think that the issue of financing the «Nord stream-2″ is not a problem,» he said.

The operator of the project with a total value of 9.5 billion euros is the company 2 the Nord Stream AG, the sole shareholder of which is Gazprom. European partners — Shell, OMV, Engie, Uniper and Wintershall — have committed to financing the «Nord stream-2» in total 50%, ie 950 million euros each. «Gazprom» will provide the other half of the funds to 4.75 billion euros.

Partners have already invested 30% of the agreed sum – and the European companies have allocated € 285 million of long-term financing, the Board of Directors of Gazprom approved the allocation in the capital of Nord Stream AG 2 1,425 billion euros. The remaining 70% of the cost of the pipeline, or of 6.65 billion euros, was assumed to be covered by project Finance.

However, the head of Austrian oil and gas group OMV Rainer Seele in mid-September, said it expects changes to the funding scheme of «Nord stream-2» because of new U.S. sanctions. According to him, to arrange project funding for all the planned 70% of the cost of the pipeline, apparently, will not succeed, however, the participants of the project will seek funds from Russian and Asian banks, or invest more of their funds.

Source

Be the first to comment on "In «Gazprom» do not see problems with the financing of the «Nord stream-2»"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*