The participation of General mladić in court called into question because of his health, said the son

CC BY 3.0 / Julian Nitzsche / international Tribunal for the former Yugoslaviatoday Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in the Hague. Archival photoThe participation of General mladić in court called into question because of his health, said the sonCC BY 3.0 / Julian Nitzsche / international Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia

The condition of the former commander of the Bosnian Serb army of General Ratko Mladic, waiting for the November 22 verdict of the judges of the International Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY), calling into question its ability to participate in the process, said in an interview with RIA Novosti, the General’s son, Darko Mladic.

Contained in prison in the Hague (the remand prison to the ICTY of the accused – ed.) the General had previously had two strokes and a heart attack. The ICTY accuses Mladic of genocide, crimes against humanity, violations of the laws or customs of war in Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1992-1995. The Prosecutor’s office requires the former commander of the Bosnian Serbs to prison for life. The lawyers and family of the General has long sought from the Tribunal to provide his medical records.

«He’s very exhausted. All symptoms have increased since December last year. The doctors of the court tried to hide it… Now all the question about his ability to participate in all of this,» — said Mladic Jr.

Protecting Mladic officially appealed to the judicial Board of the ICTY in early November with a request for postponement of the verdict, the lawyers also demanded before the verdict to disclose all medical records to health, and to decide whether he is able to physically participate in the process.

The trial of General Mladic began on may 16, 2012. During the conflict, General Mladic commanded the army of the Republika Srpska in Bosnia and Herzegovina. He 16 years in hiding from international justice and was arrested by Serbian authorities in 2011 and extradited to the ICTY.

Source

Be the first to comment on "The participation of General mladić in court called into question because of his health, said the son"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*