Pence told how the US will respond to the rocket launch by the DPRK

© AFP 2017 / Risto BozovicВице-President Mike Pence. Archival photoPence told how the US will respond to the rocket launch by the DPRK© AFP 2017 / Risto Bozovic

US considering additional measures against North Korea because of another missile launch, said Tuesday the Vice-President Mike Pence.

In the night of Wednesday, the Japanese and South Korean military fixed a start-up in Korea of a rocket that fell in the 210 miles off the coast of Japan. The Committee of chiefs of staffs of armed forces of South Korea announced that it launched North Korea’s missile reached an altitude of 4.5 thousand kilometers flying distance of 960 kilometers. According to preliminary data, North Korea launched an Intercontinental ballistic missile.

«Just last week, the President (of the USA Donald) trump has ranked North Korea to the countries-accomplices of terrorism, and in light of today’s provocations, our administration is considering additional measures,» said Pence, speaking at the Hudson Institute in new York.

He said that «the regime of Kim (Jong-UN) would be better not to test the resolve of this President or the capabilities of the armed forces of the United States».

«We will continue to deploy all the resources of the United States to economic and diplomatic pressure has forced North Korea once and for all to abandon its nuclear and ballistic program,» said Pence.

Earlier in November, the President of the United States Donald trump at a meeting with members of the administration announced that the United States will once again include North Korea on list of state sponsors of terrorism. On Tuesday, the U.S. Treasury imposed new sanctions against Pyongyang. Secretary Rex Tillerson said that the United States consider need for international influence on Pyongyang and therefore has made the DPRK to the list of state sponsors of terrorism.

North Korea from April this year, regularly tested, however, since September 15, when released from the DPRK’s ballistic missile flew over Japan, there was a lull.

The DPRK continues to develop its missile program, despite the dissatisfaction of the international community. In response, the UN Security Council imposed new sanctions against Pyongyang. They will significantly limit the export and import capabilities of Pyongyang. Resolution 2375 set the most stringent sanctions regime of the UN in the XXI century.

Russia and China offered the DPRK to declare a moratorium on nuclear tests and missile launches, and South Korea and the United States to refrain from conducting exercises in the region to stabilize the situation on the Peninsula, but in Washington, this initiative was ignored.

Source

Be the first to comment on "Pence told how the US will respond to the rocket launch by the DPRK"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*