Mattis said that the North Korean missiles don’t threaten US

© 2017 AFP / John Thys Pentagon chief James Mattis. Archival photoMattis said that the North Korean missiles don’t threaten US© 2017 AFP / John Thys

The Minister of defence of the USA James Mattis said Friday that at the moment Intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) North Korea is not a threat to mainland USA.

«At the moment, they do not pose a significant threat to us. We hold expertise on this issue,» said Mattis reporters in the interview, the transcript of which was circulated by the Pentagon.

North Korea in recent years busy developing Intercontinental ballistic missiles and nuclear warheads for their equipment, citing the threat posed by the United States. Amplifying each time the UN sanctions so far have not been able to halt missile and nuclear activity by Pyongyang.

The last missile test «And 15», which supposedly can hit target at a distance of 13 thousand kilometers, the DPRK held on November 29. Pyongyang said that now he had the opportunity to deliver nuclear strikes throughout the United States.

Earlier, Russia and China offered the DPRK to declare a moratorium on nuclear tests and missile launches, and South Korea and the United States to refrain from conducting exercises in the region to stabilize the situation on the Peninsula, but in Washington, this initiative was ignored.

Mattis said that the North Korean missiles don’t threaten US© RIA Novosti, Integratiebeleid in fotobanka can fly rockets to the DPRK

Source

Be the first to comment on "Mattis said that the North Korean missiles don’t threaten US"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*