Genes cause young children to become bullies, scientists say

© Fotolia / Monkey Wilt fight on the school PlaygroundGenes cause young children to become bullies, scientists say© Fotolia / Monkey Business

. The unusually high level of aggression in children in the first six years of his life is mostly genetic roots, say Russian and foreign biologists and psychologists in an article published in the journal PLoS One.

«We often forget that aggression and aggressive behavior is one of the most important elements of social development of the child. Children are most aggressive behavior towards peers at a time when they’re 2-4 years, and subsequently, they gradually learn to control their emotions, communicate them to others and deal with conflicts,» says stéphane Paquin (Stephane Paquin) at the University of Montreal (Canada).

In recent years, scientists are actively debating how much human behavior affects society and the environment in which he lives, and how much his emotions and impulses «conduct» genes and features in the work of his brain. The discovery of such genes associated with risky behavior and tendency to commit crimes, can dramatically change how the justice system works and punishment in all countries of the world.

While neuroscientists, psychologists and other specialized professionals is no simple answer to this question. On the one hand, they managed to open a few dozen genes, some of which are associated with increased risk appetite, impulsive behavior and violence, and the other is a definite connection between «genetics» and behavior will be managed.

The Pachino and his colleagues, including scientists from the Tomsk state University, tried to figure out what caused the difference in behavior of young children. Some of them, regardless of gender, physical development and other anatomical features, behaves particularly aggressive relative to peers, while the other, or only respond to aggression like bullies, or behave passively in all situations.

To answer this question, scientists have typed two groups of approximately two hundred children aged six to 12 years living in Quebec, one of which consisted of identical twins, with identical DNA and the same set of mutations, and the second from normal twins who had different genomes.

After analyzing and comparing their genomes, scientists have correlated these differences with the fact that teachers from schools talked about the behavior of twins and their relationships with their peers. This comparison allowed the team Person-find out how much the peculiarities in the structure of genes affect the behavior of young children and their aggressiveness.

As it turned out, «genetics» played a significant role in how aggressive children were on average, mutations in different genes associated with the brain, explained approximately 60% of the variations in their behavior, and the remaining 40% was accounted for by different environmental factors. Among young children share genes was much higher and approach 100%, and among teenagers and their role was reduced to almost zero.

Such changes, according to scientist say that the brain of children is radically rebuilt in the years of life, and that the study of this restructuring may help to neuroscientists, and psychologists to reveal the many mysteries that distinguishes the adolescent from the child. In addition, the study of social factors influencing the level of aggression, can tell a scientist that turns children into bullies and victims of violence and how it can be avoided.

Source

Be the first to comment on "Genes cause young children to become bullies, scientists say"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*