Russians prefer to save and not to borrow , found in FOM

© RIA Novosti / Anton to Deniability in fotobanka Russia. Archival photoRussians prefer to save and not to borrow , found in FOM© RIA Novosti / Anton to Danilovmarat the image Bank

The Russians are more likely to save for major purchases, rather than borrow on credit or installment, three-quarters of citizens believe that lending is resorted to only in case of urgency, it follows from the results of a survey of Fund «Public opinion» (FOM) published on its website.

Respondents were asked to say what tactics they choose in a situation when money on a major purchase is not enough. The majority (59%) of respondents said that in this case, rather accumulate the required amount and then buy the right thing. While 30% of respondents prefer to start using the thing right away and pay for it gradually, another 11% of survey participants found it difficult to choose one of these options.

As for the relations to the loans, almost three quarters (74%) of respondents, according to FOM, hold the view that the loan should be taken in the least, only when absolutely necessary. According to 14% of Russians, lending was normal practice. Found it difficult to give their assessment of 12% of respondents.

Two thirds of Russians (67%) believe loans the complicating factor in life, according to them, as a rule, loans make life worse. As suggested by 16%, loans make people’s lives easier. The rest were undecided on this question.

The vast majority of respondents (90%) reported that in the coming year do not plan to use the credit, the 8% plan. If to speak about existing credit load, 30% of respondents reported that they now have the loan that you need to pay the remaining 70%, according to them, no unpaid loans.

As for the return of borrowed funds, 79% believe that it is unacceptable to take and not to repay the loan. But 14% of respondents believe that in some situations it is excusable.

While 51% of respondents believe that the government should, in exceptional cases, to help borrowers who are unable to pay off the loan, and another 18% believe that this assistance should be provided in any case. But one in five (22%) respondents of the opinion that borrowers in this situation have to solve the problem.

FOM conducted a poll on September 15-16, among 1,5 thousand respondents in 104 settlements of the 53 regions of Russia. The statistical error does not exceed 3.6%.

Source