Rouhani expressed his condolences in connection with the attack on the military parade

© RIA Novosti / Michael Clientgenerated in Photobacterium of Iran Hassan Rouhani. Archival photoRouhani expressed his condolences in connection with the attack on the military parade© RIA Novosti / Michael Clientgenerated the image Bank

Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani expressed condolences to the families of the victims and survivors of the terrorist attack on a military parade in Ahwaz, the official website of the leader of Iran.

Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani in a telephone conversation with Minister of internal Affairs of the Khuzestan province Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli and the Governor of the province Gholamreza, Shariati expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and said that his country would take «immediate action» to help the wounded.

«The reaction of Iran even the slightest threat will be tough, but those who supports these terrorists must answer for it,» added Rouhani.

In addition, Rouhani has ordered the Ministry of intelligence to mobilize all security and military apparatuses to quickly identify those responsible for this attack and those connected with them.

A terrorist attack in the Iranian city of Ahvaz took place on Saturday morning during the military parade. As reported by IRNA, the responsibility for the attack claimed by the group «Patriotic Arab democratic movement in Ahwaz» with ties to Saudi Arabia.

As reported by the ISNA Agency, citing the Deputy Governor of the Khuzestan province, killed 25 people, including women and children, another 60 people were injured.

The Iranian foreign Minister Javad Zarif said earlier that the responsibility for the attack lies on «regional sponsors of terrorism and their American instructors».

Source