The fire in high-rise building in Saratov was able to be in the room

© Photo : press service of EMERCOM in the Saratov allactiontrade MOE on the scene of a fire in an apartment house on the street Drilling in Saratov. September 24, 2018The fire in high-rise building in Saratov was able to be in the room© Photo : press service of EMERCOM in the Saratov region

The fire in the apartment block of flats in Saratov, where one person was killed and five were injured, according to preliminary data, was in the living room, not the kitchen where the gas stove is located, reported RIA Novosti on Tuesday, the Advisor to the General Director on public relations and media JSC «Saratovgaz» Elena Golubeva.

A fire in the apartment No. 119 on the second floor at the third entrance of the nine-floor house to the address: Saratov, street Drilling, 11, happened on Monday evening in the area of 60 square meters and was extinguished. The building was evacuated 75 people, in the night of Tuesday, all residents were able to return home. According to the MHC region, one person was killed, five others hospitalized. According to preliminary data of the municipality, the version of witnesses about the gas explosion was not confirmed. The emergencies Ministry said that construction of the house is not broken.

«Throughout the house of gas appliances (any) only gas stoves, and air valves on a gas stove (fire apartment) were in closed condition, that is, it suggests that gas appliances were not working at the time of ignition… According to preliminary information of the Ministry of emergency situations, the fire in the living room,» — said the Agency interlocutor.

However, according to Golubeva, gas burning stove in the apartment is not serviced by the gas company because the owner refused to conclude a contract for maintenance of gas inside the equipment.

«We are in April of this year spent there (in the house on the Rig) maintenance of all-house gas networks and in the framework of these works draw up a contract (with owners) for maintenance inside the gas equipment. With this apartment we have an act of refusal in registration of the contract,» she said.

Source