Riyadh has promised to find new sources of weapons in the event of failure of contracts

© RIA Novosti-Riyadh. Archival photoRiyadh has promised to find new sources of weapons in the event of failure of contracts© RIA Novosti

The foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia Adel al-Jubeir said Riyadh will seek other sources of weapons, if his allies are not to put the newspaper «Ash-shark al-Ausat».

Earlier, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that Germany stops arms supplies to Saudi Arabia, while the murder of a Saudi journalist Jamal Casucci not been fully investigated, «and in this regard has not yet completed the investigation, I can say that the supply of arms to Saudi Arabia no.»

«The Kingdom is obliged to defend its territory, boundaries and people from any regional threat, we always prefer to have our weapons were from the United States, as this is considered part of the system of strategic relations with them. But the need of the Kingdom to defend its territory and its people require him to obtain a weapon that it needs, from any source,» said the Minister in interview to the newspaper «Ash-shark al-Ausat».

Previously, MEPs have drafted a resolution, which confirmed the call for the EU to urgently impose an embargo on arms supplies to Saudi Arabia and distribute it to all members of the Saudi coalition in Yemen.

Casucci, who was a columnist for the American newspaper the Washington Post and 2017 lived in the United States, disappeared in Turkey October 2, after entered the building of the Saudi Consulate General in Istanbul. State media in Saudi Arabia on the night of October 20 issued a message of the Prosecutor General of the country, which, according to preliminary data, Casucci dead, his demise brought a quarrel with employees of the Consulate. The Istanbul Prosecutor’s office stated that the murder was premeditated Galucci, the body was dismembered and destroyed after he was strangled in the Consulate General.

According to popular statement of the Prosecutor General of Saudi Arabia for the murder of Casucci detained 21 people. Five for direct participants of the murder, the Prosecutor demanded the death penalty, others will be punished according to the canons of Shariah.

Military-political conflict in Yemen between the government and Houthi rebels from the Shiite movement «Ansar Allah» continues in 2014. Arab military coalition led by Saudi Arabia supports the government forces in March 2015

Source